Wright State University

The Guardian

Graduating in the spring? Here are the steps you need to make sure that happens

Angel Lane, Features Editor

It’s so close, just months away, the bittersweet taste is filling the mouths of student ready to graduate in spring. One of the happiest accomplishments for many people, it is important to make sure everything is set into place to graduate on time with no issues.

“Students should familiarize themselves with their college’s process and be sure not to procrastinate,” Brittany Erwin, interim assistant director of advising for CLASS said.

Erwin recommends students find their own college’s graduation process and requirements on the Wright State website.

The College of Liberal Arts graduation process is laid out in a sort of checklist and many of the CoLA requirements will be the same for other colleges.

Step one reads “after you have registered for your last semester of classes, contact your faculty advisor to verify major requirements will be completed.” After this, your faculty advisor and academic advisor will be in contact and your academic records will be reviewed.

“Participation in the commencement ceremony is NOT a confirmation that all degree requirements have been met,” according to the website, so be sure you are checking and double checking the requirements.

Next you will have access to the online graduation application and RSVP for the commencement ceremony if it’s something you want to attend upon graduating. Note that there is a $35  graduation fee.

Make it through that last semester of classes and you’re in the clear. After commencement, diplomas will be delivered in around six weeks.

“All steps of your graduation check must be completed by Wright State’s deadline. It is posted on the Academic Calendar for each semester.  It is the second Friday of the term you want to graduate,” according to the CoLA checklist.

• Graduating in the spring? Here are the steps you need to make sure that happens

Wright Life

Winter break that doesn’t involve leaving town

News

Women’s Center breaks down the implications of defunding Planned Parenthood

News

Here’s where your tuition money is going

Wright Life

What it’s like to be pregnant in college

• Sports

Upset of a lifetime: 1999 WSU vs. MSU

News

What does tenure mean for faculty members?

Wright Life

Org Spotlight: English Club

News

Discussions on proposed interim policy regarding grad researchers to continue

Wright Life

Wright State Grad Becomes Author

Sports

Player spotlight: Everett Winchester

Wright State University