The human body works in synchronization with various systems that help in the proper functioning of the body as a whole. Among the many systems, the immune system is an important one. The immune system offers protection to the body against various ailments, infections, and diseases. The human body has its defense mechanism and system and the immune system takes care of the same. When the immune system in the body works well, it helps in identifying and attacking viruses, bacteria and other harmful microbes which cause damage to the body in some form or other. The body has its defense tissues and the immune system ensures that it functions properly. For a body to be healthy, the immune system must be working properly.
Maintaining a healthy immune system is nothing difficult. You just have to ensure that the immune system receives the right dosages of vitamins and minerals from the diet that you intake. With the right amount of minerals and vitamins, the vitality of the immune system is maintained well. This is the reason it is always recommended to consume a balanced diet, which abounds in fruits, vegetables, dairy products and so on. When a person has a strong immune system, he can avert various kinds of diseases easily. Even if he suffers, the term suffering is less as the body can fight back well with a strong and healthy immune system.
In today’s scenario, people lead to lifestyles, which are not healthy. This impacts the immune system of the body greatly. The result is that people suffer from various kinds of ailments from a very early age. The body is not able to combat problems on its own with its defense mechanism and one becomes dependent on medicines for the slightest of problems. To tackle the problem, various kinds of supplements are available in the market in various forms. Among the many effective supplements, Immune Defence needs special mention. The supplement is available in the form of a lozenge and has shown to have excellent results. People who have used the supplement have opined highly regarding the same and have guaranteed that their immune system was strengthened with the use of the supplement. The best thing is that the supplement is free from any kind of harmful side effects and is completely safe to use.
Juices for the immune system
It is very interesting to note that our immune system derives its nutrition from the foods that we take. Instead of popping in supplements and investing money on them, it is recommended to choose some natural ways for boosting the immune system in the body. And in this regard, there is no better option than that of juices. In this article, we will discuss some best homemade juices, which can be easily prepared at home. They are not only tasty but also great for the immune system. Read on to know about the various juices:
- Ginger-garlic juice – Don’t get frightened by this juice. It will have a very strong pungent odor but it is excellent for the immune system. We all know that both ginger and garlic are excellent natural ingredients, which abound in components that help in fighting various kinds of infections. Garlic contains components, which help in fighting cancer and also improves cardiovascular health. It also regulates cholesterol and reduces blood pressure in the body. Ginger, on the other hand, helps in stimulating blood circulation in the body. Thus the tissues get more oxygen and harmful toxins are removed. Ginger is very effective in flu-like conditions too.
How to make the juice: Take 2 finely cut apples, 2 chopped beets, 1 peeled orange, ¼ ginger, 2 cloves of garlic and few ice cubes. Put all these ingredients in the juicer and blend them till it becomes smooth. It is best served chilled.
- Apple, carrot and orange juice – If you are looking for a healthy and tasty juice for your immune system, you can try this apple, carrot and orange juice. All these three natural ingredients are storehouses of nutrients and help in protecting the body against all kinds of ailments and diseases. Try using green apple in the juice as it is juicier and has unique pungency. It is in perfect contrast to the sweet taste of carrot and orange. The nutrients present in this juice are vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B-6, potassium, and folic acid.
How to make the juice: If you have an orange juice juicer, it is perfect for making the orange juice. Otherwise, you can use a blender. Chop the apples and carrots in small pieces and add all the three ingredients in the blender. Your juice will be ready in a moment. You can make a perfect start to your day with the juice.
- Watermelon and chia juice – In the summer months, it is very important to keep your body hydrated all the time. Along with drinking abundant water, including fruits like watermelon in the diet is useful. Watermelon has high water content and is highly revitalizing in nature. The combination of chia seeds with watermelon is like an immune-boosting powerhouse for your body. Watermelon is a rich source of various kinds of vitamins like A, C, and B-6 and helps in boosting immunity. Chia seeds, on the other hand, are a rich source of antioxidants and these help in preventing free radical formation in the body and prevent cell damage. It offers great protection against the flu and the common cold.
How to make the juice: Take 6 cups deseeded and chopped watermelon, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ½ cup mint leaves and ice cubes and put all of them in a juicer and blend well. Pour out the juice in a glass and sprinkle some chia seeds on top. This should be refrigerated for a minimum of 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Mango and strawberry juice – Who does not like the juiciness and pulpiness of mangoes? Well, when you are looking to boost your immunity, mango can be effective and helpful. Mangoes abound in vitamin E, which offer additional cancer protection to people and also helps in providing a great boost to the immune system in the body. Strawberry like all other prominent berries is a rich source of vitamin C. Together this juice contains a great combination of iron, vitamin A, E and C, and folate. Most importantly, it tastes simply great!
How to make the juice: Cut the mangoes in small pieces and cut the strawberries into half. Now add both the ingredients in the juicer and blend well. You can add other frozen fruits if you like to this as they also have great nutritional value like these fruits. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory juice recipe.
- Watermelon juice – Watermelon is one of the most popular and common fruits available in the summer months. High in water content, watermelon helps in keeping the body cool and hydrated. Along with this, the seasonal fruit also helps in boosting the immune system in the body. Muscle soreness can be combated to a great extent with the help of watermelon juice. Along with being a rich source of Vitamin A and C, watermelon also contains essential minerals including zinc and magnesium and they are very useful for the body.
How to make the juice: The watermelon needs to be deseeded, diced and cubed and put in a juicer along with few mint leaves and ice cubes and blended well. After being poured out in a glass, sprinkle some black salt on top and serve chilled. A great refreshing drink in the hot summer months!
- Spinach, kale and lettuce juice – We all know that fresh green vegetables are a rich source of various kinds of nutrients. And these nutrients are very important for building a strong immune system. All these three ingredients – spinach, kale, and lettuce are green vegetables and abound in iron, calcium and vitamin A, B-6 and C. Vitamin B-6 has a very important role to play in this juice as it helps in antibody production and immune cell proliferation. If you want to increase the content of vitamin B-6 in the juice, you can add parsley to the same as well.
How to make the juice: Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend well. You can add some lemon juice and ginger to add some extra taste and flavor to the juice.
Include these homemade juices in your diet and see the magical change which comes to your immune system.