Weight loss is not an easy task to accomplish especially if one is fond of food. Among the varied class of eaters, some eat just enough to diminish hunger pangs, others comfort-eat, a category binge eats and yet others eat to suffice cravings. The bad news is that if these class of eaters do not practice caution, then before long their weight is going to increase explosively and subsequent consequences will have to be dealt with upon their health. However, we have good news as well. Yes, you heard that right! What we are talking about is to substitute unhealthy binge-eating with fat-burning Keto snacks. This article covers the keto diet in brief and how whilst munching onto keto-snacks one can stay fit, healthy as well as lose weight.
What Is A Ketogenic Diet
A ketogenic diet, or a keto diet, is a highly beneficial diet program where dieters eat food that is high in fat and low on carb content. Various studies have been conducted to substantiate the health benefits of the keto diet and almost all of them have concluded that not only is keto a pro-health diet but it also helps one to considerably lose weight in the process. It calls for a significant reduction in carbohydrate intake and to instead consume surplus fat-rich food like meat, eggs, fish, healthy oils, etc. to suffice the body’s energy requirements. When the body is deprived of carbs it goes into a state called ketosis thereby using fat for energy production. The Keto diet is known to boost brain health as well as it turns fat in the liver into ketones; subsequently providing the brain with the energy it needs to function well.
Keto diet is recommended for those suffering from diabetes, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, cancer, and others. It helps to lower blood sugar levels considerably. The standard ketogenic diet, cyclical ketogenic diet, targeted ketogenic diet and high-protein ketogenic diet are some types of keto-diets of which cyclical and targeted are best suited for athletes, bodybuilders, etc. Also, one must consume protein in moderation whilst following this diet as, if taken in large quantities, protein gets converted into glucose which slows down the ketosis process.
How Efficient Is Keto Diet In Weight Loss
Of the many weight loss trends that have come and gone, the keto diet seems to have lasted with positive results for almost all people who have given it a shot. Not only does it assist in weight loss but it also improves one’s overall health. It gives quick results as well with minimal to no side effect as far as all the rules are followed to the t. It is comparable to general healthy low-fat diets but unlike low-fat diets, it calls for one to consume fatty meals in moderation and help in long-term weight loss with quickened results. The plus point is one need not worry over calorie count or stress over portions. It is beneficial for those suffering from gluten intolerance, high bp, high blood sugar, and others.
Fat-burning Keto Snacks For Keto Dieters
Finding the perfect snack to munch on in between meals can be a task when you are on a diet plan, especially if it’s the keto diet, and some people may tend to get hungry as a result. But worry not, listed below are some tasty keto snacks to munch on when hungry:
- Egg muffins – eggs are one of the best keto-friendly food so what better way to satisfy your hunger than with these easy-to-prepare versatile muffins. All you need is a bunch of chopped veggies like mushrooms, tomatoes, or any veggie of your choice, mix them well with your eggs seasoned with salt and pepper, some cheese topping and you’re good to bake your delicious keto-friendly egg muffins. You can bake and keep a dozen or so refrigerated to snack on when hungry.
- Avocado – simply cut the avocado in half, either eat it as such with a spoon or add any seasoning of your choice or drizzle some cayenne pepper sauce and you are good to go.
- Egg salad – boil some eggs and cut them up in a bowl, keep aside. In another bowl add some mayo, salt, pepper, and mustard sauce and mix everything well. Add the boiled eggs to this, mix and relish.
- Keto-friendly chocolate ice cream – in a bowl add some Greek yogurt, add chocolate protein powder, and a bit of vanilla essence. Give everything a good mix and freeze. After about 20 minutes you can enjoy your freshly prepared chocolate keto ice cream.
- Wrap – take a single tortilla and spread generously some sriracha, mayonnaise, add some shredded leaves and cheese, sausages. Roll it up and enjoy your keto-friendly, tasty wrap.
- Microwaved cheese chips – yes, you heard that right. Slice any cheese of your choice and lay them down on parchment paper. Then microwave until the cheese bubbles up. Your keto cheese crackers are ready to munch on.
- Smoothie – in a blender add some almond milk, avocado, any sweetener of your choice, ice cubes, frozen strawberries, and blend the ingredients together. Your refreshing keto-smoothie is ready to gulp down.
Pointers To Bear In Mind
Whilst following a keto diet, it is true that one can satisfy their cravings by consuming meat and the likes in surplus but at the same time if one is looking to garner maximum results then there are certain rules to bear in mind. They are:
- Make sure snacks don’t contain more than the permitted amount of daily carb dosage which is about 9 gms per snack.
- Have a proper understanding of what you should consume and what to avoid to remain in ketosis. For eg., meals should contain high-protein, high-fiber with lessened calories.
- Stick only to keto-friendly foods and ingredients like meat, low-carb vegetables, high-fat dairy, etc for best results.
- Plan your meals way ahead of time and keep keto-friendly food in ready stock so that you don’t stand the risk of running out of it and end up compromising on the diet to suffice hunger pangs.
- Be informed and appropriately equipped to face keto-flu and other related issues in the initial phases so as to counter the side-effects at the onset of it.
- Best to stick to homemade keto meals than buying from outside.
- Keep track of your macros for maximum benefit. Download a calorie-tracking app for self-assistance.
- Plan a budget, know your requirements, and have good knowledge about what may best suit your keto goals.
Who Should Steer Clear From Keto Diets
What diet plan is good for one need not necessarily be good for another especially if the person is planning to embark on a long-term journey to attain a specific health goal. Several factors may determine this. As with other diet programs, keto-diet also comes by with certain unpleasant side effects so those with type-1 diabetes, gall bladder problems, pregnant women, nursing mothers, those with pancreatic problems, etc should refrain from keto dieting.
Not all diets have to be boring which is why we have keto-diets for those looking to lose weight but at the same time enjoy satisfying, delicious meals in the process. As long as you follow keto-friendly rules and take note of the pointers mentioned above you can enjoy your keto snacks to your heart’s content and continue your weight-loss journey happily.