Wright State University

The Guardian

Haunted houses scare and delight

Ben Randolph, Contributing Writer

Haunted houses are a Halloween tradition. Dayton and the surrounding areas have haunted attractions to make your spine tingle.

Dayton’s Haunted Butcher House on Wayne Avenue is open yet again after a successful first year. This is one where the building itself is a character. You could walk through the whole thing without the actors and props and it would still be frightening, not to mention claustrophobic. Voted Best Haunted Attraction in 2011 by Active Dayton, the Butcher House is open until Oct. 27, on Friday and Saturday nights. Tickets are $12 per body.

Don’t go down to the woods tonight, unless you are interested in having a Nightmare on Valley Street! Their site claims that they have over 40 live actors, and the trail takes around 30 minutes to survive through.  Bring your running shoes! Tickets are just $20 for all three attractions the Nightmare has to offer, and they are open every Friday and Saturday night until Oct. 27. They are located at 4355 Valley Street in Dayton.

Middletown’s Land of Illusion Haunted Scream Park is perfect for those who love a little variety. Six different attractions all operate in one giant paranormal playground. If you get the shivers from too many screams, warm up by the bonfire and get a bite to eat. If you feel like doing the Monster Mash, then dance your undead heart out at Club Zombie. Tickets are $34.99 on Friday and Saturday nights, and $24.99 on Sundays. The Park is open through Nov. 3.

King’s Island’s Halloween Haunt is sure to deliver. Located in Mason, King’s Island transforms itself from family-friendly theme park by day into terribly twisted empire of terror by night. With over 12 haunted attractions, there is sure to be something to scare everyone: clowns, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, blood and guts, oh my! Online tickets are the best deal at $25.99 per body on Fridays from 6PM to 1AM, or $31.99 on Saturdays for the whole day, if you want to ride The Beast before you face the beasts!

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

“The Dark Tower” movie review

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

Activities to check out in the Dayton area this summer

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

Harry Potter prequel in the works

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

“Girlboss” review

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” movie review

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

“Snatched” movie review

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

Hit or Miss: Where to eat on campus

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

Eight apps all college students should be using

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

Here’s the best way to get involved on campus

• Haunted houses scare and delight

Arts & Entertainment

18th annual Arts Gala promotes creativity, collaboration and the power of the arts

Wright State University
Haunted houses scare and delight