Concert raising money for the March of Dimes Foundation

Kelsey Anne Smith, Contributing Writer

The Apollo room in the Student Union will host “Showtime at the Apollo with the Groove Doctor – Rock for Babies” in support of the March of Dimes Foundation.  Although the event has many local sponsors, the Wright-Patt Credit Union is primarily bringing it to Wright State. With a goal of raising $85,000 before May 31, Wright-Patt Credit Union President and CEO Doug Fecher and his wife Kelle Fecher are committed to contributing to the March of Dimes.

The March of Dimes Foundation is a charity, which focuses on promoting and improving the health of babies and their mothers, with a large emphasis on education of prematurity and birth defects.

The event will take place on Friday, Feb. 22.

In support of this non-profit organization, Dayton’s Groove Doctor, a seven-member band that plays a variety of rock, funk, blues and country songs from the 1960s to present, will perform at this event, which also includes dinner.

“It is a community event to support a local non-profit [group] that changes people’s lives,” Tracy Fors, the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Wright-Patt Credit Union, said. “It’s also a good way to meet business leaders in the community as students prepare for their future.”

While tickets are $60 per person, students will receive a $20 discount with the promo code: WSUROCKS.  For more information about the event or to purchase a ticket, visit WPCU.coop/RockforBabies.