Parents Weekend brings families and students together for a weekend full of events
Parents Weekend offers a way for students to share their college life with their family and friends.
The weekend offers a wide range of events.
“For the first time this year, parents and families will also have the opportunity to attend events at the Creative Arts Center,” Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs Simone Polk said. “There is a cost for some events and online registration is required.”
By registering for at least one paid event, attendants will be entered into a drawing for a $25 WSU Dining Services coupon, a $50 and $75 gift certificate to the WSU Bookstore.
Registration must be completed online by Jan. 24 and may be picked up at the registration desk the day of the event.
The winner of the Parent of the Year Award will be announced at the event.
“It (Parents Weekend) gives WSU students and their families the opportunity to be together on campus to enjoy campus events, the campus community and culture, spend quality family-time together and learn valuable information that supports WSU students, parents and families,” Polk said.
For registration or more information go to http://www.wright.edu/parents-weekend.
Parents Weekend Events
Friday, Jan. 25:
- Parents and Family Weekend Check-In: 5:30-8 p.m. in the Student Union Atrium
- Monte Carlo Night: 7-10 p.m. in the Student Union Atrium
Saturday, Jan. 26:
- Parents and Family Weekend Check-In: 9-10 a.m. in the Student Union Atrium
- Parents and Family Continental Breakfast: 9-10 a.m. in the Student Union Atrium
- Coffee, Connections and Conversation: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. in the Student Union Atrium
- Wright State Parents’ Association and Advisory Council Meeting: 12-1:30 p.m. in 156 Student Union
- Family Free Time: 1:30-6 p.m.
- Wright State Men’s Basketball Game “Pre-Game Party”: 6-7 p.m. at the Nutter Center Mountain Dew Deck
- Wright State Men’s Basketball Game vs. UIC: 7-9 p.m. at the Nutter Center
- “1913: The Great Dayton Flood”: 8-10 p.m. at the Festival Playhouse in the Creative Arts Center
- Department of Music- Daniel Paprocki, Clarinet Player: 8-9:30 p.m. at the Schuster Hall in the Creative Arts Center
Sunday, Jan. 27
- Breakfast and Conversation with President Hopkins: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. in the Berry Room at the Nutter Center