Fun facts about the candidates
There are some interesting facts that many people may not know about Romney and Obama.
Barack Obama was a United States senator from Illinois who also served in the Illinois state senate. He was a lawyer and a law professor before he became President. His birthday is Aug. 4, 1961, he’s married to Michelle Obama and they have two daughters, Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11.
Here are some facts about President Obama, you might not be aware of.
- He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics.
- His name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili.
- He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, “Dreams From My Father.”
- He has read every Harry Potter book.
- He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He can speak Spanish.
- His favorite drink is black forest berry iced tea.
- He can bench press 200 pounds.
- He would have liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician.
- He’s worth $2.8 million.
- His favorite artist is Pablo Picasso.
- His late father was a senior economist for the Kenyan government.
Mitt Romney was the governor of Massachusetts before the election. He also ran the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah, and founded a company called Bain Capital. His birthday is March 12, 1947. He’s married to Ann Romney and they have five sons: Taggart, Matthew, Joshua, Benjamin and Craig.
Here are some facts about candidate Romney, you might not be aware of.
- He has a degree in English Literature.
- He’s worth $230 million.
- He was one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in 2002.
- He is a huge Beatles fan.
- His favorite movie is “O Brother Where Art Thou,” and he can quote the entire movie.
- His full name is Willard Mitt Romney.
- Mitt’s father was born in Mexico to American parents.
- His favorite snack is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of chocolate milk.
- Romney has 18 grandchildren.
- Romney once worked as a security guard for Chrysler.
- Romney’s father was former governor of Michigan.
- He was in a near fatal car accident in 1966.