Wright State University

The Guardian

Vice President of Student Government arrested on warrant issued during Fall Semester

Charles Grove, Staff Writer

Wright State Student Government Vice President Marc Tshimanyika was arrested Jan. 2 on a charge of failure to comply with his probation and currently is being held in a Greene County jail.

Mr. Tshimanyika’s bond is currently $10,025 and has a court date set for Jan. 11 at 9:30 a.m. in Fairborn Municipal Court.

Mr. Tshimanyika was arrested on a warrant that was issued for him in September of 2012. Mr. Tshimanyika was working for Student Government and attending classes at Wright State while this warrant was public record.

Mr. Tshimanyika was on probation after being convicted of an OVI charge as well as a charge of disorderly conduct in April of 2011. Mr. Tshimanyika had a BAC of .090 and was put on probation for three years and mandated to attend a driving intervention program to avoid jail time.

April of 2011 was not Mr. Tshimanyika’s first time getting behind the wheel of a vehicle under the influence. Mr. Tshimanyika was also convicted of underage consumption and a physical control charge in Feb. of 2009. The initial charge in that case was an OVI but with a plea of no contest the charge was reduced to physical control.

In addition Mr. Tshimanyika was found guilty of driving under a suspended license in May of 2012.

Student Government Director of Student Affairs Lindsey Hofmeyer was able to comment on the situation.

“I am sure all of SG will soon be aware of the situation, and it will be up to our executive board and advisors as to what will come of it.”

Hofmeyer also said the fact Tshimanyika had a warrant out for his arrest since Sept. of 2012 was “news to me.”

Student Government President Joseph Gibbons was unable to be reached for comment at this time.

The Guardian will update once further details are made available.

• Vice President of Student Government arrested on warrant issued during Fall Semester

News

Wright State offer employee assistance services for impacted employees

News

Wright State expected to enter fiscal watch

Arts & Entertainment

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” movie review

News

Wright State changes policy on student employment during summer semester

News

WSU releases budget proposal for next fiscal year

News

Ohio highly ranked on list of the most gambling-addicted states

Top Stories

What you need to know about your SPF

News

NASA inflatable greenhouse could feed astronauts on other planets

News

WSU partners with the Air Force Research Laboratory on DARPA project

Arts & Entertainment

“Snatched” movie review

Wright State University