Wright State University.

The Guardian

Vice President of Student Government arrested on warrant issued during Fall Semester

Charles Grove, Staff Writer

Wright State Student Government Vice President Marc Tshimanyika was arrested Jan. 2 on a charge of failure to comply with his probation and currently is being held in a Greene County jail.

Mr. Tshimanyika’s bond is currently $10,025 and has a court date set for Jan. 11 at 9:30 a.m. in Fairborn Municipal Court.

Mr. Tshimanyika was arrested on a warrant that was issued for him in September of 2012. Mr. Tshimanyika was working for Student Government and attending classes at Wright State while this warrant was public record.

Mr. Tshimanyika was on probation after being convicted of an OVI charge as well as a charge of disorderly conduct in April of 2011. Mr. Tshimanyika had a BAC of .090 and was put on probation for three years and mandated to attend a driving intervention program to avoid jail time.

April of 2011 was not Mr. Tshimanyika’s first time getting behind the wheel of a vehicle under the influence. Mr. Tshimanyika was also convicted of underage consumption and a physical control charge in Feb. of 2009. The initial charge in that case was an OVI but with a plea of no contest the charge was reduced to physical control.

In addition Mr. Tshimanyika was found guilty of driving under a suspended license in May of 2012.

Student Government Director of Student Affairs Lindsey Hofmeyer was able to comment on the situation.

“I am sure all of SG will soon be aware of the situation, and it will be up to our executive board and advisors as to what will come of it.”

Hofmeyer also said the fact Tshimanyika had a warrant out for his arrest since Sept. of 2012 was “news to me.”

Student Government President Joseph Gibbons was unable to be reached for comment at this time.

The Guardian will update once further details are made available.

• Vice President of Student Government arrested on warrant issued during Fall Semester

Arts & Entertainment

Here’s What Students Have Been Saying On Twitter This Week

News

Interim-president releases statement regarding current budget crisis

Top Stories

Friendship Food Pantry hosts “Adulting on a Dime”

News

Salary and contract details of interim president McCray revealed

News

Apple unveils partnership with Red campaign to fight AIDS

News

Pres. Hopkins to step down ahead of scheduled retirement

Top Stories

ORC Spring Break Trips to Florida and the Grand Canyon

Arts & Entertainment

Eight albums being released this spring by big artists

Arts & Entertainment

See Dolly Parton’s hit musical, “9 to 5,” performed by WSU students

News

WSU salary database for 2017 released

Wright State University.